cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300/Avaya IPNC Incomplete dialstring

kokhongw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm currently doing a proof of concept for VOIP implementation with the above equipments. The AS5300 is setup as a H.323 gateway with an E1/PRI module plus DSP modules connected to PSTN. The Avaya IPNC acts as a H.323 gateway for the normal phones to be able to make VOIP calls.

The problem: If Avaya PBX is set to send out digit by digit dial codes, calls cannot be made. Incomplete dial string of 8 to 11 digits instead of the 15 to 16 digits.

Workaround: But if we set the PBX to store and forward, the calls can be completed. But the PBX doesn't have a variable length dial peer matching capability.

Question: Is the problem with the IPNC module or dial peer settings at the AS5300 gateway? Which device is causing the call to be rejected? The dial peer on the AS5300 is set as 001.+ or 001.T

Appreciate your responses.

5 Replies 5

q-duong
Level 1
Level 1

Try to add this command "direct-inward-dial" in matched pots dial peer:

dial-peer voice X pots

incoming called-number 001T

direct-inward-dial

Change interdigit timeout to 4-6 second if need:

voice-port x:x

timeouts interdigit 5

But as I know all PBX does support variable length dialstring because if it does not how can your subscribers dial Vietnam's string with length from 7 to 10 ?

Thanks duong,

The direct-inward-dial command is already in placed.

Yes I'm puzzled by that as well. But the PBX vendor was unable to program the PBX to accept variable length dialstring. He was only able to get to to accept fix 15 or 16 digit dial string.

So I'm wondering if anyone in this forum has experience with Avaya IPNC and Cisco H.323 gateways.

if the PBX is sending digit by digit, is it doing this in info messages (debug isdn q931 will tell you this) if so then you should set

isdn ovelap-receiving on serial interface for signalling ie se1/0:15. Then the T character takes on the parameters of the T302 which can be set, The way it will work is router will accept info messages with digits until either T302 fires or a sending complete is received.

I agree with previous answer because I have encountered overlap problem before but in SS7 implemention not ISDN. If your PBX can not support en-bloc with very long dialstrings (for example > 16 digits with my AXE10 - Ericson Switch) the next digits will be sent by overlap way (use SAM message in SS7) so AS5300 does not get these digits. In SS7 I used Overlap interdigit timer = 6000ms so try to set T302=6000

Thx for your reply. I'll schedule another test on this and update you guys.