cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA disconnect issue ?

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has an analog intercom system at their front gate. When the button is pressed the call rings an extension in CCM. I have this working - the analog intercom is connected via an ATA & I use a blank translation pattern to simulate PLAR functionality.

Now when the gate intercom button is pressed an internal extension rings.

My problem being that when my internal extension hangs up, the analog intercom is not closing the line & continues to dial the internal extension.

Now the "supervisory disconnect" issue affects FXO & my ATA is FXS - does this mean that the problem is with the remote analog intercom device ?

Is there any solution I can provide from the CCM side (4.1(3)sr2) ?

TIA.

4 Replies 4

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? Its just that I am seeing the same thing. I have tried different ATA's, H323 and SCCP, CCM ver 4.02 and 4.1.3sr3 but always the same thing: when the IP phone disconnects the ATA continues to keep the line open.

I am having issues with the same thing...my intercom which is an analouge device does not hang up...

Any ideas...

HIfazal

I read in another post that reversing the polarity solved the problem.

Polarity: You can control line polarity of the Cisco ATA FXS ports when a call is connected or disconnected by configuring the Polarity bitmap parameter as follows:

•Bit 0: CALLER_CONNECT_POLARITY. Polarity to use when the Cisco ATA is the caller and the call is connected.

-0 =Use forward polarity (Default)

-1 =Use reverse polarity

•Bit 1: CALLER_DISCONNECT_POLARITY. Polarity to use when the Cisco ATA is the caller and the call is disconnected.

-1 =Use reverse polarity

•Bit 2: CALLEE_CONNECT_POLARITY. Polarity to use when the Cisco ATA is the callee and the call is connected.

-1 =Use reverse polarity

•Bit 3: CALLEE_DISCONNECT_POLARITY. Polarity to use when the Cisco ATA is the callee and the call is disconnected.

-1 =Use reverse polarity

Note: Bits 4-31 are reserved.

Default: 0x00000000

Voice Configuration Menu Access Code: 304

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/186_188/2_15/english/administration/guide/h323/h3288APE.html#wpxref27923)

Four our gate, setting bit 1 to 1 solved our problems:

In Binary: 01000000000000000000000000000000

In Hex: 0x40000000