cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Using a Touchscreen??

vocollect
Level 1
Level 1

I wondering if it is possible. It appears as though the documentation "Cisco CallManager Attendant Console User Guide" says it is possible (page 1-2).

Is anyone using it successfully?

If so, what touchscreen are you using and what version of the Attendant Console?

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Attendent Console 1.2(1) onwards supports Touch-enabled screens.

Touch screen is a model of monitor where u need not use mouse .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080176f14.html

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I have one customer doing it, AC 1.2(something) with CallManager 3.3(3). We didn't check support documents; the customer just saw the big buttons in a row along the top and said "Let's try this touchscreen over here!". So, we ran with it just for fun. The receptionist's machine was upgraded with a dual-head video card, and the touchscreen was added to her side. Really you can use lots of applications with a touchscreen. They just emulate mouse movements and clicks. It's just that applications with large push-button control surfaces are more amenable to touchscreen use.

It worked. It was exciting for about an hour, but a keyboard and mouse are faster. In particular, click-and-drag on a touchscreen is a bit cumbersome, so dragging blind-transfers and scrolling are slow. It might be an additional choice for disabled users, or for temps.

I might add here that dual-head even without a touchscreen is a huge and valuable aid to any Attendant Console deployment when you have reasonably computer-literate receptionists. It lets them keep working on their PC while having their call control stuff maximized on the other screen, fully visible but out of the way of their real workspace. When you get a call, all you have to do is pan the mouse over and click the call to answer, without ever reaching for the phone.