cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto dial first digits, user input remaining?

A customer, using 6 digit dialing, wants a feature key that will dial the first 3 digits automatically and allow the user to put in the others. Can this be done through a soft key, or done at all? They had this on their PBX and want it now with CM ver 3.3.3 using 7960 and 7940 phones. Any input or ideas would help. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure about what you have asked about but you could do a similar function with translation patterns, assuming the first 3 digits are not the same as any off the last 3.

Assuming first 3 digits are 111 and the last 3 digits are anything other than 111.

Put the phones in partition, A, and the create another partition, B. Create a translation pattern in partition B that has a matching pattern of called xxx, that translates to called 111xxx. Create a CSS, X, & another, Y. In CSS X place partition B & in CSS Y put partition A. Assign the translation pattern CSS X & assign the phones CSS Y.

When the phone dials 123 it will be translated to 111123 & will ring the phone with that number.

Hope you head is not spinning.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

My head is spinning a bit. But I believe the customer just wants to hit a button that will dial the first 3 nunbers, then allow the user to dial the rest. The situation is that the operator has to dial the full 6 didgit number on every call she makes. Before, with the PBX, she could hit a button that dials the first 3 digits, which are all the same, then she only had to dial 3 buttons after that to get to the specific person. So, the dialing plan is 111xxx. The "feature button" would dial the 111 and wait for user input for the other 3 digits before putting the call through. Apparently, PBXs have this feature, I don't know what it's called. Any other thoughts?

First thought is to give her AC and let her double-click or click & drag to call/transfer calls. The second thought is to enable the 'Speed Dial Await Further Digits' CallManager service parameter. But beware, this service parameter will affect all speed dials throughout the CCM system.

Thanks dweiner,

the 'Speed Dial Await Further Digits' CallManager service parameter did the trick for me.

i added the digits that i want to be dialed on the speed dial and with the parameter set to enabled i just dial the rest of the digits.

This affects the speed dials globally.

The solution that i found on this issue is to train the users to hit the '#' key when they are doing speed dials provided they have access to the calling search space for dialing to this route pattern.