Views
Helpful
Replies

Background Image 7970 - CME?

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Everyone..

Just tried to install a background image on CME, using the List.xml file and associated PNGs as is done on full CallManager...

I've put in tftp-server commands for the PNGs and the List.xml, and can see the phone request the List.xml and download it using debug tftp events.

The phone doesn't display the thumbnail menu though... Config excerpts are:

tftp-server Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml

tftp-server Desktops/320x212x12/Azzurri.png

tftp-server Desktops/320x212x12/AzzurriT.png

And these files are copied to flash:/Desktops/320x212x12/ ...

Anyone done this successfully?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Each background image requires two PNG files:

Full size image#23;Version that appears on the on the phone.

Thumbnail image#23;Version that appears on the Background Images screen from which users can select an image. Must be 25% of the size of the full size image.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803b1435.html#wp1088046

I've done this - I've basically copied the working files from a CM to CME...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I do have this working with the 7970 and CME. My format is a little differant for the PNG files in the tftp-server config:

tftp-server flash:duc-small.png

tftp-server flash:duc-big.png

I took out the Desktops/320x212x12/ path and listed just the file name, I also did this in the List.xml file.

For example:

FTP:duc-big.png" URL="TFTP:duc-big.png" />

FTP:duc-small.png" URL="TFTP:duc-small.png" />

One odd thing i noticed, I was playing with the IP communicator on my PC (emulates a 7970). it looks for the List.xml as "Desktops\320x212x12\List.xml" while the 7970 looks for "Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml" very strange..