cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Call Manager not recvng calls from gateway.

ytaneja
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have an IPCC setup here.My Gateway ( Cisco 3640 ) is at different location connected to the Call Manager thru another Cisco 3640 on a 512 Kbps link.

The Gateway Router ( other end 3640 ) is connected to an NEC EPBX via a T1 link.

Recently , I added another Call Manager in my IPCC setup.When I am dialing a local extension i am getting the IVR and getting thru the call also successfully.When i am dialing a remote extension ( 2xxxx) , again i am successful in getting thru the call.

Infact, when i can land on the NEC EPBX ( lets say by dialing 49xxxxxxxxxx) and can come back to this end IVR by dialing again ( 773000 ) and land onto any agent who is free.But this is all when Primary Call Manager is working.

When I bring down the primary call manager, and secondary is alive, i am successfull with all the testing except that no inbound calls to the call manager from the router.

If someone tries to call from the other end ( NEC end), he gets the fast busy tone.

If i try to land from here onto that end EPBX and come back as a PSTN user to this call manager, call doesn't reach here , it gets rerouted to that end VRU, maybe it doesn't get any response from this end call manager.

I have checked the dial-peer configns and backup config lot many times.

But cld not catch the problem.

Pls. Help.

My Dial-peer config and backup config. :

!

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 2....

port 1/0:1

prefix ,,

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number 2

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:192.20.20.246

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip precedence 5

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 3 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 3000

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:192.20.20.246

ip precedence 5

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 4 voip

preference 2

destination-pattern 3000

session target ipv4:192.20.20.7

ip precedence 5

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 4..........

port 1/0:1

prefix ,,

!

!

Thanks in advance,

I hope someone is already using a Redundant Call manager Setup.

Pls help.

With Warm regards

Yogi..

yogindert@hclcomnet.co.in

7 Replies 7

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Hard to tell exactly from the information if everything is right. I would suggest that you mirror dial-peer 1 with a dial-peer 2 just like you already have for 3 and 4 (don't forget your preference statements).

Another question, are you sure your CallManagers are synchronized and "seeing" each other okay?

Rick

Thanx Rick,

I knew that i will hear from you. U h've been helping lot of people around.

I mirrored other dial-peers also but not working.

If i ask someone from the other end to call here on the hunting no., they get one ring and busy tone after that.

If i try getting their EPBX dial-tone and come back to this Call mgr as a PSTN user,

the call keeps revolving in their VRU and EPBX which is eventually the same.

You asked for call manager synchronization, I beleieve they are,

otherwise Subscriber will not get connected to the database of the Publisher at the time of Subscriber installation.And Call manager is working for local calls, hard phones are working, soft phones are also working when my primary( publisher ) is down.

Is there any way i can check if they are synchronised or not....??/

One more small problem, Rick, When a caller is calling to this call centre from thru an EPBX , it goes to PSTN --> NEC EPBX---> Gateway --> Call Mgr --> Agent, Volume of the Caller is very Feeble.

But if the same caller is calling from a direct number, Volume is comfortable for the agent. Sorry to involve u in one more prob. when the earlier one is still not solved, but its a kind of urgency.

Thanx,,hope to hear from u soon,,

hope U h've some more suggestions for me..

Yogi..

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Yogi,

I think it's to do with the preference statements, or lack of them.

Dial peer 1 is for any incoming call begining 1 goes to the publisher, but if the publisher is not there then you don't tell it what to do with the call.

In dial peers 3 and 4 you have done the preference so the IVR will get calls (though this seems a little pointless unless you have installed the IVR on both boxes ) if the publisher goes down.

try adding this

dial-peer voice 10 voip

incoming called-number 2

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:192.20.20.7

ip precedence 5

no vad

Paul

PS what's all the incoming-number config for, why are you using it?

Thanx Paul for ur concern,

I have tried mirroring the dial-peer 1 also but of no use , actually Dial-peer 1 is not important to me.

Problem is Dial-peer 3 and 4. When dial-peer 3 is not working or in other words, Publisher is down, Dial-peer 4 shd become active, which is not happening.Means to say, Incoming Calls are not coming to Subscriber when Publisher is down.

IVR is working when i am making a call to local extension, if publisher is down and subscriber is up.

Remote Site : NEC EPBX connected to PSTN.

Cisco 3640 as Gateway, connected to NEC thru T1.

Local : Cisco 3640.

IPCC setup havng Call managers ( Publisher and Subscriber now).

ICM two nos. ( IVR PG is duplexed on both the ICM machines ,

and ICM A having PG for Publisher Call Mgr and ICM B having PG for Subscriber Call manager.)

ICM Admin Workstation, Cisco IP Hard phones and Soft Phones.

I think this will make it more clear.

I am configuring all these dial-peers on the remote router, gateway Router.

Hope u have some more suggestions for me.

Yogi...

Try this link for configuring H.323 dial-peer redundancy...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/backup_cm.html

John

Yogi,

What version of ICM are you using??

In an IPCC environment you do not have seperate PGs for the different servers in the cluster. You list the different servers in the PG configuration in the order you want them.

Can you make a call to the same destination number internally when the publisher is down? Do the logs in the Call manager subscriber show that the call is being presented to it? What is the routing client the CM or the IVR?

I'm guessing the ICM is having problems with the call coming from the wrong routing client because you have the 2 call manager set up as different routing clients, but the set up you have is a little tricky to fault find on via a message board!

Paul

I can make a call internally when the publisher is down.

CM is my routing client.

I heard in the forum itself that failover doesn't work in some scenarios if using H323.Someone suggested to use the MGCP, is it true that mgcp will be more helpful or H323 doesn't work for Call manager redundancy...??

Is the concept wrong or am i making some mistake somewhere..???

Thanks

Yogi..