cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup CTI manager for Agent Desktop

Davide Fiumi
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an idea about how to configure Cisco Agent Desktop to switch to subscriber Call Manager in case publisher fails?

I tried crash case and everything is working: CRS ,IVR apps, phones, etc, i mean when i disconnect the publisher the change is rather smooth.

But i coudn't manage the CAD to commute in any way.

Also login/logout or exiting and reentering has no effect: always "couldn't connect to CTI Manager".

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

joelvist
Level 1
Level 1

Are you talking about media termination? What version of CAD are you using? Only the later versions (I believe 4.4.1 and above) have CallManager failover. The first time CAD connects to the configured CallManager (it has to make that first connection) it downloads the list of CallManager servers configured for that phone in the device pool. It can then use that list (it stores it in the registry) to failover (although CAD seems to always wants to use the configured CallManager server rather than the list it got from the CallManager server and only uses the list in the event of a failover).

HTH,

Joel

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

How have you configured your jtapti provider and rmcm provider? It should be pointed as publisher,subscriber.

Both jtapi provider and rmcm provider should be pointed as subscriber,publisher. How have you configured your CTI Manager A and CTI ManagerB during CRA installation.