cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup of CCM 4.x

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I know that BARS comes with call manager but are there any other third party backup products that are supported to backup the callmanager database and other software? Can I have BARS write to a tape drive or will it only do flat file backups? Can it be scheduled? I would really like to use Veritas backupexec to backup the call manager servers and database. I know it can do it but I want to do something that will be cisco supported. Does anyone have any expreiance with this procedure? What is everyone else doing for backups and recovery?

3 Replies 3

sskillin
Level 1
Level 1

The most effective way I've seen to do it is the "standard" method, by writing the backup to a share on a server that gets backed up. For what it's worth, restore works well in this scenario.

BARS will write to the location you tell it to. It will even write to a network drive. BARS allows you to schedule backups at anytime you want on any day you want. It will also allow you to take manual backups. The BARS restore is very nice and I highly recommend using this.

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only supported backup for CCM 4.x is BARS. YOu can find instructions on how to use BARS here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_book09186a00801e8b9a.html

Mike