cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge without Shared Lines

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a potential customer that needs to be able to barge into any phone on his network. He has this functionality today on his existing PBX. There are 150 phones, so using the traditional Barge with shared-lines does not work here. He only needs this functionality from one or two specific phones. This customer will NOT use a PC-based application. I looked at MLPP and that doesn't work either. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Try Bug - CSCdy61372

The bug is not found on the bugtool. My issue is not bug-related anyway.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Maurello,

Actually we dont have support for BARGE without shared lines.

You may look for a feature like supervision used with Contact Centers for Agents-Supervisor monitoring.

Maybe one of our IPCC experts can give u some advise.

Thanks for the response. Like I said in the initial question, the solution cannot be PC-based. Even if we could do supervisor listen/barge, I don't think we could roll out 150 agents just for a barge function. That would get very expensive and cumbersome.

From my research, a lot of TDM-based PBXs have a way to accomplish this. I was hoping that we could leverage the precedence and preemption of MLPP to make this work. Instead of simply kicking off the active call with preemption today, I was hoping there was some way it simply put the call on hold instead. Maybe it will end up in a future version.

Hi tmaurello

We understand your concern,

You may contact your local Cisco SE to make a feature request u could get sth from cisco that meetsyour proyect requirements