Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT import for phones and users is not associating the users with phones

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Phones,

I am using the latest BAT tool that comes with 4.0(2a).BAT import for phones and users is not associating the users with phones?? Any ideas?

Also is their a better way of making changes to the existing phones using the BAT tool, i want to make changes to over a 100 deployed phones that we have. Do not want to do it individually, was hoping there was a better way.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What template did you use for BAT ? Phones-Users ??

I did one last week on 4.02a and it worked great.

Yes BAT has an excellent interface to update existing phones/users in database. Select the Update Phones or Update Lines check box from the Phones configuration page. You can update them either from a CSV file or you can use a Query. Click the Query option and then select the required user list using filters that you can add (DN, Partition, Line number etc). Use View Query Result to see the filtered list of phones/lines.

Almost every single parameter can be updated for existing phones/lines in database.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Friend,

I am trying to do the same thing, but i do not see the users associated with phones, i even maually associated a user to the phone (userid) under phone menu and still does not show me the phone associated with the user, do i have to choose some options under the user menu to work?

Thanks

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are doing, but usually you would see your users and phones associated by looking under the User, in the directory, in their Device Association.

Mary Beth