cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block a specific incoming call on CallManager

kendo.igor
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CallManager 4.1 and MGCP. I'm trying to block a specific incoming call. I've seen some postings that recommend using "Translation Pattern" to achieve this, but I need a bit more details on how to do it.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

a translationPattern is used to manipulate digits before CCM uses them to route a call.

there is no standard means of 'blocking' incoming calls.

you would have to work with your telco if you need incoming calls blocked. if they will do this for you, it will be for a fee.

below is a link for translationPattern configuration if you would like to review it though:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed690.html

There is a method to block calls on the incoming voice gateway but you need to be using H323 on the gateway and not MGCP.

This link is broken.

Can someone supply a working link to this information?

Thanks

Pretty sure that was just a link to the CUCM documentation on how to configure a TP, which at the time this was posted would have been useless as it would not work. You can get the same if you go to your CUCM and use the built-in help.

There's plenty of information on how to block incoming calls on CUCM if you search CSC or google, have you looked at any of that?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I did google it but I found the information a little confusing because all
of the different CUCM/CME versions discussed. We are running CUCM 12.0.
Thank you

Then you can use either the translation pattern method using the next hop option, or you can use translation rules on your GW if using SIP or H.323.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Please go thru this document and describe your doubts, which may get cleared here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/blocking-calls-based-on-calling-party-id/ta-p/3113978/page/8