cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Conference issue

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have CM 3.3.3 sr2. Whenever I do conferencing, I have to set up a conference with external party first across the gateway, and then join any internal party. I could not set up an internal IP phone to Ip phone first and then join an external party. Is this a bug with CM or a limitation?

3 Replies 3

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

What happens when you start the conference? What codec are you using IP phone to IP Phone?

This is what happen

I set up an adhoc conference from an IP phone to IP phone using G711. I then select the softkey conference. I am using a software conference bridge. After I select the conference key I then dial an external number. I could dial 0 and get an outside line, but the moment I dial anymore digits I get a fast busy signal. Initially it seems like a Calling Search Space issue on the phone or on the conference bridge. However, it is not from the phone because I could dial external number when the phone is not in a conference. Since a conference bridge does not have a CSS what could be causing the problem. If I dial an external number first, then conference an internal IP phone then it is working fine. I know the problem is in the configuration somewhere.

I have a similar problem. When setting up adhoc software conference. I am also using only G711 with call manager 3.3sr3. User1 dials User2 and the call is setup ok. User1 presses the conference key. User2 hears the hold music. User1 dials User3 and when the call connects User1 and User3 cannot hear one another. User1 presses the conference button again and all 3 users are conferenced together and everything is fine.

<=======>

This happens whether all users are internal or if one user is external. Any Ideas?