Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Details not displaying in phone

livingston001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Call details (Missed calls, Received calls, Placed calls) on Cisco 7942 phone are not seen.

We did a factory reset of the phone, still it doesnt display in the directory.

when the user press Directory option in phone, he find no call details in Missed calls/Received calls.

Please provide your assistance.

thank you,

Livingston

5 Replies 5

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

On the main phone configuration page of the phone in question, is there a staticly assigned Directory URL (search for 'directory').

The configuration is same for all other phones. The problem is with only 5 phones all other phones(around 1000) have no problem in that . There is know staticl y assigned Directory URL.

Press the Directory Key and it will show the Missed calls/Received calls/placed calls.

On those 5 phones, can you check the directory url setting (settings -> device config -> http config -> directories url.  You'll want to make sure that matches your CUCM enterprise parameter for the same (system -> enterprise parameters -> url directories).

I'm curious though about the model you mentioned.  Are all of the phones without the issue a different model than the 5 7942's with the issue?  Why don't you also provide the firmware version of the 5 7942's as well.  I don't see any related bugs, but you never know.

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply. But still the issue is not resolved

I have checked the directory URL and it is same.

All phones are same model 7942

All the phones are configured the same thing.

I found one thing :

App  Load ID  jar42sccp.9-1-1TH1-16.sbn
Boot Load ID  tnp42.8-3-1-21a.bin 
Version  SCCP42.9-1-1SR1S
Hardware Revision  11.0
The Hardware Revision is 6.0 is one of the phones. Will it affect ?

The hardware revision could be relevent.  I'd swap one of the problem phones and if the new phone doesn't have the problem, I'd swap the rest.  Then I'd RMA the 5 old phones.  I mean you can waste a lot of cycles getting down in the weeds if you're curious about the what and why but...  Then again it might be a new bug in which case finding a fix could help others with the same problem.  There is new 7942 firmware available though, so that's a relatively easy check to see if it resolves the problem.  If it were me, I'd try that prior to an RMA.

Are all of the problem phones at the same hardware revision of 6.0?