Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 100% CPU. (Poss CTI)??

awyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me try and get to the bottom of why our call manager (3.3.2) hits 100% CPU usage. It seems to be a collection of tasks. These are:

SQL Server

CCM.exe

CTImanager.exe??

If I stop the CTI Managerthe proccessor seems to drop back to about 40 - 50% if I start CTI it goes back up to 100%. If I leave it for about 20 mins the CPU will return to its normal 10 -20%.

Can anyone help me find logs or something that might fix this problem. Or has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Gus

13 Replies 13

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

check the event logs on all ccm to see if it may give you clues??

another thing you can check is to make sure you dont have your detailed tracing buidling up to large of dump files.

or even make sure CDR files arent getting to big. Thats a manual setting you can tweak,

Eddy

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

How many phones are in your CallManager database? There is a bug that can cause the CPU to spike at 100% with a large number of Phones configured. It is fixed by applying a patch.

Hi,

I have about 500 phones. we do have over 3000 translation patterns tho!

I've taken off some of the tracing for CTI & CCM etc. I'll see if this stops the High CPU usage.

Do you know how to tweak the CDR Database?

Thanks

kvaradar
Level 1
Level 1

H Gus,

For any 100% CPU utilization issues, the TAC always asks for drwatson logs.and also look for messages on the System Event viewer logs.

-Kartik

kvaradar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gus,

What kind of CTI Manager applications are you running:

Attendant console?

Hi,

Yes we're using attendant console. We have about 12 hunt groups configured.

Thanks

kvaradar
Level 1
Level 1

Under the Perf Mon and RTMT, check number of CTI connections parameter, see if that is increasing rapidly.

Call the TAC there are lots of bugs for this, they should be able to provide you with the right ES or maybe an upgrade.

Rebooting should solve the problem temporarily.

Hi,

I've been monitoring the problem and the CTI connections. at about the time when the Call Manager would max out I see an increase in the CTI connections. The CPU still goes above 80% but not as bad as when I had some detailed logging turned on.

I'll speak to the TAC.

Thanks.

dgraessel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem on 3.2.2 and I upgrade to 3.2.3sr3. The problen is not solved yet. The 100% cpu usage is generate by softphone when there are loosing the connection and when they try to reconnect. Do you have also a lot of softphone? I have 60 and they the callamager runs with 100% CPU for 10 Minutes. Do you have more softphone?.

Regards.

Hi I only have 1 softphone which was for testing. I'm thinking of deplying more softphones so I'll test it in the lab and can let you know what I find. We're running 3.3.2. but we are going to 3.3.4.

Thanks

3.3.4 should solve the issue. 3.2.2c is pretty buggy with 100% CPU issues.

I had a Cisco case opened on a similiar issue and the problem was memory leaks. The recommendation was an upgrade to 3.3(4).