cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Cluster over WAN

tlomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone implemented a centralized architecture in a dispersed environment, i.e. over a Trans-Atlantic DS3. I know Cisco has a minimum requirement of a 10MB link for connections between Call Manager's in a single cluster. Any known issues, or problems with implementing a single cluster over seas? I would think if properly implemented with Call Manager groups, Calling Search Spaces, and partitions, this could be done. If anyone has any experience with this, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions.

1 Reply 1

steve
Level 1
Level 1

I think Cisco has reduced the minium bandwidth requirement to ~ 900Kbps per 10,000 BHCA for the Intracluster protocols (900k min). Additional bandwidth is required for the SQL replication. The sugested total minimum bandwidth is ~ 1.544 Mbps.

Your greatest concern is going to be the maxiumum round trip time specified of 40ms (or 20ms one way). This may be a problem given the distance you are trying to run this over.

Cisco have a good internal application note describing the requirements and caveats that is worth a read.

Hope this helps

Steve