Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Load Balancing

j.doshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two call managers ver 4.0. Both call managers are configured in cluster. One is Publisher and another is Subscriber.

Now i want to load balance on these two call managers. I want that half of the phone should get registered on one call manager and half should get registered with another call manager.

To do that i have created two call manager groups. and add the call managers.

I have created device pools and define respective call manager groups.

Problem is my phones are not getting registered with subscriber. All the phone are registering with publisher call manager only.

I am having cisco 7905G ip phones and only one TFTP server(publisher) is configured.

Please let me know if i am missing something.

Also let me know what are the basic troubleshooting do i need to do.

I have checked the connectivity and it is fine.

Regards,

Jatin

4 Replies 4

Hi..

Thanks for your reply.

In my case i m using IP Address only instead of hostname. My problem is bit confusing. If i shutdown the Publisher all the phone are getting registered in subscriber. which means that cluster is working fine.

But when i try to do load balancing it is not working.For example, I have defined second call manager group in one device pool x. Now few phones in the device pool are able to register with subscriber call manager (it is defined as first call manager in the group 2) but other phones of the same device pool are not getting registered and they are registerd with publisher only.

I checked the connectivity and it is not the problem. I checked software also but phones with the same software are also not able to register with other call manager. Configuration is same on all the phones.

Regards,

Jatin

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

First of all you wouldn't normally load balance between the CM servers - if you have two either should be powerful enough to run all phones at once in the event of a failure. Standard is to leave DB activity on the publisher and use the subscriber for call processing....

If you do want this to work though... first I'd check that your phones can actually contact both your callmanagers - if your phones are registered to the publisher, do they fail over to the subscriber when they can't contact the publisher or the publisher is down?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes...

when my publisher goes down all the phones are able to register with subscriber.

Now i want to share call processing load on both the servers as per the requirement. When i do that some phone are able to register but other phones from the same device pool are not able to register.

Regards,

Jatin