Views
Helpful
Replies

call pickup off of h.323 gateway?

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

CCM 3.1.1.

Is there a way to do call pickup on a call that has been routed to an fxs port on a h.323 gateway?

We installed a Valcom 2006A paging system. I set up a night bell that rings when you dial the extension for it from an ip phone or from unity greeting prompt. The night bell is attached to an fxs port on a 4224 running h.323. I want users to be able to here the night bell ringing, find a phone and do a call pickup from that phone.

Alternatively, is there some way to ring both the gateway AND a bunch of phones at the same time? I tried giving a phone the same extension that I used to ring the night bell. While the night bell still rang, the phone did not.

It seems to me that when call manager hands off the call to the h.323 gateway, most call manager call control is lost.

No MGCP on the gateway as it must perform SRST.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you can get this to work the way you want it to. The only way to do this configuring the h.323 client and not a h.323 gateway. I think that would limit you to only using one of the ports. Or maybe you could configure one as the name and one as the ip address.

I hope I am not confusing you

Please let me know if I can explain.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Yes, I'm not sure I follow.

Do you mean that I should set up two dial-peers on the 4224 such that when a call comes in to the 4224 it rings both dial-peers, one being the paging system night bell, the other being an analog phone?

Alternatively, I could configure an H.323 client like Netmeeting to somehow pick up the call? (I don't understand how H.323 clients work.... I don't know how this would help.)

What I am saying is this. If you want to be able to configure the h.323 device to be able to do call pickup it would have to be added as a phone of type h.323 client. That means if you want to be able to pickup a port on the 4224 then you would have to define the 4224 as a h.323 client phone and give it the ip address of the 4224. If you do this I don't believe you will be able to also define the 4224 as a gateway. That is why I said to defind the 4224 as a phone by the name of the 4224 and define the gateway as the ip address. You will still need dial-peers on the 4224 just like you have now. If you are going to define 4224 by name you have to be able to resolve that name either via DNS or local hosts file. Does this make more sense?

Thank you,

-Mckee