cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to restrict CallPickup or Group Call Pickup. I tried using partitions and calling search spaces, but that only limits which CallPickup Groups a line can be assigned, not which groups they can pick-up.

Here is my problem. I need to allow every phone to perform a pickup function for a special line - the night bell. Unfortunately, a DN must have something in its CallPickup field in order for it to be able to perform a call pickup or group call pickup. I put the special line in its own Call Pickup Group and I've grouped all of my phones in other groups. I only published the group for the special line to minimize accidental pickups. Any other ideas here?

4 Replies 4

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

I am sure you have already looked over this link http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/adm_sys/ccmcfg/b05cpkup.htm

I am not sure if there is anything else you can do, other than what you have already configured.

Thanks for the feedback. I have already read that doc. It mentions that you can configure a Call Pickup DN with a partition. I had already tried that. I then put that partition in a CSS. This limits which lines can be assigned to pickup groups, not which groups they can actually pickup.

It seems that the only way to restrict a phone from doing a call pickup is to not put it in a pickup group at all. I guess it's all or nothing for now. Maybe this will change in a future version of CM.

The partition assigned to a pickup group affects which lines can be assigned to it (DN must be able to "call" the pickup group), as well as what phones can use GPickUp to get the call.

With CallManager 3.1(4a) I created a partion named "nightbell" and assigned it to a pickup group. I then added it to a particular CSS, which I assigned to a phone (which would be the night bell in your case). Unless the partition "nightbell" was in the CSS of other phones, they could not pick up the call using group pickup.

Is it that you don't want users to pickup calls among themselves, just the night bell? This is a more interesting issue and I can't think of a good way to solve it at the moment, apart from putting everyone into their own pickup group which is not going to scale very well!

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I want everyone to be able to pickup the nightbell, but not have access to pick up each other's phones. I thought about the pickup group-per-person scenario, but as you mention, the scalability just isn't there.