cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Express to BroadVoice or other SIP Provider

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

has anyone been able to connect a CME or a Cisco IOS gateway to an external VoIP Provider such as Broadvoice.

Such services normally can be connected to using a SIP device like a 7960 W sip firmware.

Is there a configuration example?

18 Replies 18

Correct -- the CallManager Express uses Skinny to control the IP phones, then sends the calls over to the VoIP service provider using SIP.

From the CCME perspective, the IP phones look like FXS ports. This configuration will also allow analog FXS ports to use the SIP trunks (making the router into a glorified ATA).

About "$" added in E.164 registered number:

12.4(4)T solve this issue.

I've tested it with a 2801

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

Works great in and out w/Broadvocie....

The following works fine for my Broadvoice account and I use a sipv2 dial-peer for the outbound and overlays for the inbound, but there are problems; when using CUE in same box as CME - CUE breaks because if you use the below config and run "debug ccsip messages." you'll see that ALL of your configured ephone dn's try to register with your external sip server (broadvoice in my case). The result is A: CUE breaks because it thinks the local ephone dn is a broadvoice dn and so doesn't recognize the broadvoice address from the ephone dn. B: because the sip registrar command causes all the configured ephone dn's to try and register with your external sip service, they will eventually disable your valid account - at least I know that Broadvocie will disable your account when they see you're trying to register lost of invalid numbers.

if anyone knows how to prevent the "sip registrar" from trying to register all the locally configured ephone dn's of CME, let me know.

sip-ua

authentication username xxxx password YourPassword

no remote-party-id

registrar dns:sip.server.com expires 3600

Have you tried the no-reg as mentioned in the post above?