Views
Helpful
Replies

Can connect fax with fxs port if the main number and fax with the same number

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have one line from SP has (land line and fax line with the same number) I want to connect the line with FXO port and the fax with FXS port then I want make extension to forward to fax, can I do this with CME router?

123456789 (Land line and fax number)

SP-------FXO+FXS ports-----CME

|

|

FAX

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Fax detection is typically used if you need to have a single phone number for both voice and fax services. Incoming calls are initially answered by an auto attendant or interactive voice response (IVR) service. At this point, the media stream is monitored for fax tones. Calls identified as coming from a fax machine are then rerouted to a new destination, such as a fax server.

Go through below Link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/fax/configuration/15-mt/vf-15-mt-book/Configuring_Fax_Detection.html

Response Signature

My issue is I have AA applied in CME and I want to make to dial special extension to send fax if the caller need to send fax. Cand FXS solve the issue or ATA? i don't know exactly!

So with fax detection tcl can detect the fax by the type of the tone and forward it to fax! OK can connect fax to FXS port and Direct line from SP to FXO port and configure it as normal

Fax  should be connected to FXS and PSTN lines to FXO.

Response Signature

OK got it. 

Beside that I have AA BACD configured in CME and I want to make extension to let the caller choose it if need fax, or it's enough to use fax detection tcl script and can do the job?

Thanks