cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not receive calls from PSTN through CCME

yboul1234
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ccme running on a 2801 router with a vic2-2bri-nt/te on it, but although I have configured it and I can make calls from my ipphone to PSTN I cannot receive calls originating from the PSTN.

Does anyone know if I have to make a dial-peer for the incoming calls as well and what configuration I should use?

6 Replies 6

meumeuh_toxin
Level 1
Level 1

Normally on your gateway, you need to configure at least 2 dial peers:

dial peer voice X POTS

and

dial peer voice Y voip

In the second one, you should have a command like :

destination-pattern <@IP CCM>

good luck

check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

and then follow all links to get more information.

Thanks for the reply,

I have already tried to configure a voip dial-peer like this:

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern 1.. (my extensions)

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x (router's IP where ccme resides)

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711alaw

no vad

with no success.

Do I miss something in the configuration? How's the router suppose to know that it has to forward the calls arriving in the ISDN line to the ipphones?

For example should I put somewhere the ISDN line's telephone number as "incoming called number 1234567890"?

Why do you use the session protocol SIPv2 ?

Anyway, the checklist is, i think, the following:

- dial peer pots

- dial peer voip

- Gw definition on the CCM (device-> Gateway)

Now, you should be carefull on what you receive from your provider.

You are using destination pattern 1.. but do you know what you receive from your provider ?

You might need a translation rule to remove some digits on the number. The provider might send you some more digits than the 3 digits of your extension.

hope this helps.

My topology, is ISDNline-->netmode-->router-->switch-->ipphones (no pbx).

The only thing my provider is sending me, as I can see from "debug isdn q931", is a ten digit number for the isdn line, lets say 1234567890. Then I' m trying to forward the call to the ipphones.

In the previous configuration, I also tried the "destination-pattern 1234567890" with no luck.

I'm confused on how to configure the router so as to forward all the calls arriving in router's bri interface card to the ipphones.

Thanks again...

no, the destination pattern is meant to be your IP phone.

Now, if your router receives a call with destination number 0198765432, and your IP phone number is 432 , then you should remove the first 7 digits.

this can be done by using a translation rule such as :

- translation rule 1

- rule 0 ^.01987654 4

and then on your voice interface card

you type something like

- translate called 0

Anyway, you should check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080aec.html

good luck

I applied the translation rule with no luck. I also tested it to see if it worked ok. So the incoming called number, is indeed translated to a phone extension but obviously the router is not able to forward the call to the phone, because when I call from an external number to the isdn number, after a while I get a busy tone.

Do you think I miss something regarding the router's configuration?