cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Transcoders be added Directly to Endpoints?

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Can Transcoders be added Directly to Endpoints? Or, is it Mandatory to use  MRG MRGL ?

Can a transcoder be directly assigned to an edpoint without using MRG/MRGL?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no field in CUCM to map a single media resource directly to an object. This must be done via MRG/MRGL.

Media Resources not in MRG/MRGLs are available to all objects.

If you have a particular device that you want to give exclusive use of a transcode resource, you would need to create an MRGL specifically for that device which included the transcoder in an MRG.

I'm sure you were hoping for a different answer, but there isn't one as far as I know.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There is no field in CUCM to map a single media resource directly to an object. This must be done via MRG/MRGL.

Media Resources not in MRG/MRGLs are available to all objects.

If you have a particular device that you want to give exclusive use of a transcode resource, you would need to create an MRGL specifically for that device which included the transcoder in an MRG.

I'm sure you were hoping for a different answer, but there isn't one as far as I know.

Maren

I thought so, just needed confirmation. 

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: