cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot call to or from phones registered with new subscriber

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have recently added a new subscriber to our cluster, phones register to it fine. However can't make any calls to or from phones on this new subscriber. When I look in the SQL Enterprise Manager on this subscriber, It says " Status running" but "initial snapshot is not available".

on the publisher the status is shown as "Pending" for the new subscriber.

On the new subscriber in the SQL Enterprise Manager - Databases folder under Tables, I only see System files, no User files.

So I reckon the new subscriber is not getting the database!!!

The one thing that I see that might be wrong is that on the Pull Subscriptions on the new sub. the servers name is in lower case, however on the PUB, publications its shown as upper case.

Would this be enough to cause this problem, or any other ideas, if so what do I need to do to fix.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi reidg,

Try to recreate the subscriptions using this link or you may use DBLhelper

Please refer the following link for information on

howto use DBLHelper.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_

note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

Reestablishing a Broken CallManager Cluster SQL Subscription with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d11a6.shtmlcase=K15418837

If you cannot make phone calls to phones register to this subscriber may be because of the SDL links are hoased. If you can make calls to from IP Phones register to this particular cluster.

Reboot the whole cluster afterhours and after fixing the replication.

//G

unfortunately I don't have DBLHelper on any of the servers.

Using the second option to reestablish a subscription, when am asked to select the server for the list of available ones, the new subscriber is not there?

But when I look in the Database publications folder I can see it having a subscription although stuck in the pending state.

rebooted the publisher and now the subscriptions appears to be okay to the new sub.

However the existing sub, now has lost subscription.

And as majority of phones register with it, when you look at callmanager (pub), it doesn't appear to know the status of any phones registered with the existing subscriber.

Do I now need to reboot the existing subscriber???

Did you resolve the problem? If yes, please tell how

had to reboot the whole cluster, that did it.

Grant