Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Backup

qni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed CCM 4.01, after the installation I noticed that there was no backup program. Do I need to install CCM backup seperately?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Follow this link

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

You will find the latest and greatest backup software for Call Manager. Please make sure you read the associated documentation as well.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies.

albertkramer
Level 1
Level 1

BARS or CallManager Backup is installed separatly. In your cluster you designate one primary backupserver. Other servers will be taken care of by the primary. Think about the location of the backup and wich server will be primary. Also BARS is not a full backup, including OS, but only for the voice applications. So another restore method is advisable.

"So another restore method is advisable". I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. However, I think it's misleading in that implies the OS restore method is not obvious. There's only one main way to fully restore a CallManager server, OS & CCM.

The restore of a publisher Call Manager server of OS and CCM is pretty straightforward. You re-install the OS with the OS Installation CDs, and then re-install Call Manager. During the CallManager install, you select the "Same Server Recovery" option which you includes selecting the BARS backup file.

Subscriber is even easier to restore since you just designate the publisher during the Call Manager install.

There are some issues not handled by this process such as OS service releases, CCM maintenance patches, BARS, Cisco Security Agent, etc.

My point is that the restore of the OS and Call Manager is mostly a simple process if you have the backup file and your CDs.