cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Unity Unity Express

qni
Level 1
Level 1

Planning to have centralized CCM 4.0 and Unity 4.03 but to reduce WAN traffic intending to have a Unity Express at each remote site.

Is this possible? Would I be able to direct remote offices phones to the Unity Express and all central IP Phones to Central Unity Server.

As I would be running G.729a codec over the WAN would toll-bypass calls originated from the central be able to leave messages on the remote Unity express?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. You could have a gateway with PSTN access at the remote office with a Unity Express module. This is especially helpful since it will work the same way even if the WAN is down (to the outside callers, at least--if you're talking about using SRST and having CUE registered to the central callmanager, then you'll loose MWI during the outage--but otherwise everything will work the same).

CUE does require G.711 so you either have to transcode at the remote gateway or allocate bandwidth for G711 across the WAN.

Hi Markus

I setup transcoder at the remote site and it is registered, however I am still getting busy signal when call forward.  Where do I set so call get transcoded before forwarding to Unity Express?  How do I troubleshoot to show that it is hitting the transcoder? 

Thanks