Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME directory numbers and leading zero

Hi all,

I've done a new ccme installation, al is ok except that the router doesn't match the incoming calling number with those saved in the directories, I've seen that the phones shows the calling party without any leading zero, maybe this is the issue.

The same applies with the called or calling or missed directory numbers, as long as they are saved without the leading zero the operator cannot dial them "in one touch" and is forced to add the proper zeros before dialing.

Is there a solution for that?

Sorry if this is a dumb or recurrent question, but I wasn't able to find a similar question already asked in this forum.

Thanks,

Max.

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Here's an example I did this week - over here we like to dial 9 to get a PSTN line, but the incoming numbers don't have 9 so the user has to 'edit dial' before selecting a missed call to dial.

To fix this, I do the following:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /90/

voice translation-profile Prefix9

translate calling 1

You should have a dial peer that matches incoming calls from your circuits:

dial-peer voice 3 pots

description ** E1 PRI pots dial-peer **

translation-profile incoming Prefix9

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

The translation-profile command will insert the 9.

In your case, you want to do the same, except:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^/ /0/

voice translation-profile Prefix0

translate calling 1

The /^/ matches the start of the number, and /0/ inserts a 0 that at that point.

Then insert the 'translation-profile incoming Prefix0' command into your incoming dial-peer.

Regards

Aaron

P.s. please rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

tnx for your prompt reply and sorry for my late posting, but I was very busy these last days.

This surely was very helpful, it helps adding the pstn prefix but it doesn't help for the "leading zeroes truncation" issue.

I'll try to be more clear: if I receive a call from a mobile I get a number like "335111111" which is saved in the directories as is, if I receive a call from a national number I get a number like "02111111" which is saved as "2111111" in the directories, finally, if I receive an international call I get a number like "0011111111" which is saved as "1111111" in the directories.

However if a want to place a call using a number saved in the directories (i.e. to resume a lost call or a previous received call) I've got to add 0 or 1 or 2 zeroes plus the pstn munber in order to place the call succesfully.

Another issue is that the phone doesn't match the incoming calls with the directories entries because of the "trucation" issue so it doesn't shows the name of the calling party if it is in the directory.

Do you have hint for that?

Tnx,

Max.