cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCP Issues/questions

Michael Seden
Level 1
Level 1

Opened up the CCNA voice Book and started studying. I found CCP in the  book and doewnloaded it to my pc. It is only opening to half or 1/3 of  the ie window. updated adobe no juice. Java? Have to run as  administrator to get it to open. Any feedback is appreciated. I really  use the CLI but figured more is better...and its got a few words in the  book...

22 Replies 22

Still broken here as well I'm afraid. Cleared both the Java and IE caches.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions;

1-Is the PC part of a domain? I'm just guessing that some GPO will limit permissions on the PC or some kind of related configurations.

2-Is UAC enabled? Here's to to disable it:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

UAC will restrict Admin Permissions as well.

I'm just asking this, because I tried both x86 and x64 on fresh installed computers, and I did not get the issue, so just guessing if existing policies are affecting the application.

We could try by creating a local user/admin on the PC, if the PC is part of a domain, and see how it goes.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jorge

Sorry to keep giving you bad news!

1. No, my Win 7 laptop is just the member of a workgroup. No GPOs.

2. Yes, UAC was already disabled.

Just wondering if there are any application logs that may assist? I've been through everything that I can find, but nothing jumps out at me...

Thanks for your continuing assistance.

Barry Hesk

Capture the CCP logs by running "Collect Data for Tech Support" link under Start menu for Cisco Configuration Professional. There will be a folder created on your desktop. 

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi All,

I have a wild guess, did you try to lunch CCP on Win XP compatibility mode?

I also found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2162002

The sugestion on that post fixed the issue for Win 7!

--
Jorge Armijo

Jorge and Barry,

I checked my IE browser and was running 10 not 9. It updated at some point. (I unchecked that box) Anyway, I went to the tools menu bar, opened tools, clicked on compatibility view settings, added home (127.0.0.1), and closed IE. (which is really misnamed, it should be internet exploder) I opened up CCP and got a full window for the first time! (on this laptop)

Anyway that post for win 8 works on 7.

Jorge, maybe you can join them together and tag the problem as an IE 10 problem with CCP and not an OS (Win 7 or 8) or Cisco problem...

Michael

Yes, that's it. I could have sworn that I'd tried this when I first found the problem, but obviously not.

I'm still a bit confused as to both Chrome and Firefox having exactly the same symptoms when pointed at the CCP URL, however I guess that doesn't really matter. CCP is a bit strange in *requiring* IE, so the release notes should really be updated to reflect this issue within IE 10.

Thanks to you and Jorge for your help.

As an aside, trying to run CCP in XP Compatability mode caused the application to break in a big way, and it wouldn't launch.

Barry Hesk

Glad to hear that worked!

I looked again at the release notes and didn't find any metion on IE 10:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/v2_7/rlsnts/ccp_v27_rel_notes.html

It only says that CCP reuires IE 6.0 and above. I'm gessing this is something was not detected during testing, since I only found 2 posts in my research, includning this one, related to the problem.

At least we know how to fix it, and hoping other people will find this post helpful.

--
Jorge Armijo