Views
Helpful
Replies

Change functionality of the ?-button

esther.burger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new in this forum and I hope that I can explain my problem clearly and that somebody can help me.

I would like to change the functionality of the ?-button so that the phone users can call the helpdesk immediately if they press this button.

Therefore I've changed the Information URL (old: .../GetTelecasterHelpText.asp) against a new one (.../helpdesk.asp).

In this file I try to realise the new functionality with the "<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>" tag.

My problem is now, if I press the ?-button the call isn't executed immediately. On the display appears still "Select a key for more Info..." and when I press a key the information 'window' is displayed and it shows my xml tags.

Therefore I would like to know if anybody has an idea how I can execute the call immediately after pressing the ?-button? Or rather why still appears the information text and information 'window'?

4 Replies 4

Did you ever solve this problem?

Or does anyone else have any information on how this can be done?

I am also trying to do something similar

I believe that this functionality is part of the phone's firmware and cannot be changed...

I was afraid of that. It seems kind of odd that you are allowed to change where the ?-button pulls the page from, but not what the page can do...

Hello!

I didn't find a solution for that problem. And I think that Aaron is right that the ?-button functionality is part of the phone's firmware and cannot be changed.

But I am still open-minded about new ideas.