cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Circular hunt group routing

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

As I was preparing for our upgrade to 3.3(2), I read in the 3.3 release notes that there was a new hunt group routing option. In addition to First Available and Longest Idle, the calls could be routed in a Circular method. However, after install 3.3(2), I cannot find that option. Does anyone know anything about Circular Hunt Group routing?

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

3.3 allows you to configure linked hunt groups, Cisco strongly recommend against configuring hunt group whereby the last hunt group links back to first.

Configuring link hunt groups is achieved by firstly configuring your pilot numbers, and then assigning your hunt group DN members.

In order to link the group to another you need to specify the last hunt group member as the pilot number of the next hunt group and check the always route box for this member. Repeat the same steps for the next hunt group. Remember the last member has to be the pilot of the next group you wish to route to.

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

Circular hunting is not yet configured from within CallManager. Instead you need to edit a .ini file.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a0080176f6e.html#28341

for details.

Hope this helps,

Justin