Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO CALL MANAGER AND AVAYA INTEROPERABILITY

lefernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

we have a request from a customer to implement a new Call Manager. The customer has 5 branches.

Customer wants to configure a Call Manager on the main site. On this branch, a SIP Trunk to the ISP provider will be provisioned. The rest of the branches will establish phone calls through the main site, going through a meshed VPN network to the SIP Trunk. There will be one exception: customer has an Avaya IP Office500v2 on one of branches ("X" branch") with a local SIP Trunk. He wants to keep the Avaya IP Office and be able to have the "X" branch extensions as part of the Dial Plan (let's say, they dial 5xxx from any branch and the call is routed to the appropriate extension on the "X" branch).

We are planning to use a BE6000 with 100 users with different IP Phones models depending on the user. What is needed on the Cisco side? Which protocol can we use to communicate with AVAYA with these requirements? A SIP Trunk? H.323? What should we ask to the AVAYA admin to be configured on the IP Office?

I have been reading some application documents and it also seems to be necessary to have an AURA Session Manager. Is that correct? 

Thanks in advance

Luis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nashaatmusa
Level 1
Level 1
We have done this kind of integration multiple times

ISP ------ SIP trunk (prefer to have CUBE in between but it works if there is not)------- CUCM ------ SIP Trunk ----- Avaya

Simple as that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nashaatmusa
Level 1
Level 1
We have done this kind of integration multiple times

ISP ------ SIP trunk (prefer to have CUBE in between but it works if there is not)------- CUCM ------ SIP Trunk ----- Avaya

Simple as that.

thanks a lot!

Thank you for your answer.

Does it really work without a Cisco router acting as SBC, between the SIP Trunk and the CUCM? I thought it does not

Yes it dose, i have one customer with this configuration,

Usually Sip providers (ISP) gives you 2 ip address ( Proxy server public ip address and Media Public ip address) and they provide you with an ip-address to set on your interface so traffic is generated from that interface.

so we did SIP trunk from CUCM (destination is the proxy public ip address ) and we did the natting on the wan router where the link is terminated and it worked just fine, i don't prefer it as the CUCM will be in direct contact with the provider but it works just fine.