Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM extension to extension dialing - unallocated number

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to call from one extension to another extension in the same calling search space and the system gives a message saying "the call cannot be completed as dialed". I have checked the phone configurations and they are in the same partition and has same calling space assigned. When I use the dialed number analyzer it says the call is blocked and the reason being "unallocated number". I don't understand why is that? Any ideas??

Thanks

Shivani

3 Replies 3

I am trying to call from one extension to another extension in the same calling search space

If both extensions are on same calling search space doesn't mean that you can call each other.  When you assign a calling search space to a line, that line can reach to the partitions which are mentioned in the CSS.

IN your case, the number which you are dialing is not accessible for the calling party. Check the partition on the line and make sure the CSS can reach to the partitions. 

Can you share the screenshot of DNA.

Response Signature

Start by checking that the partition that you have set on your directory numbers are included in the CSS on either the line or device.

The calling search space is nothing more than a collection of partitions, if the partition is not in the list of partitions assigned to the CSS you won’t be able to call to anything assigned to that specific partition.

I usually use this analogy to explain the use of partitions and calling search spaces. A partition is like an old school phone book, whatever number that is in the phone book is dial-able. To add the capability to call more numbers you’ll add more phone books to a shelf and the shelf can be seen as your calling search space that stores your books. Any phone number in any of the phone books on the shelf is dial-able from the device.

Response Signature

@shivani.sharma Have you been able to make this work? If you ask for help and someone puts the time and effort to help you it’s good manners to respond to it. If you still have issues please get back with the additional details as specified in the other answers to your post.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: