cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Advanced Audio (Greyed out options)

Ghostbackwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am a bit new to supporting Cisco products so I may just be a little out of my element. I have a user that is trying to use a new headset in Jabber and WebEx, the headset appears in the advanced audio settings, but is greyed out and I can not select it from the basic Audio settings menu. I can change the priority, but that doesn't help if the device is not available from the menu selection. Is there something that I am doing incorrectly? I've uninstalled / reinstalled the device drivers and it did not fix the issue. The next troubleshooting idea I had was to delete the jabber device config and start over, but I am not hopeful that will fix it. Curious if anyone else has run into this where a device appears to be inaccessible.

Jabber config directory \AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

Just as a note, we've tested the headset and it does work for other windows applications. So it's not a bum device.  

2 Replies 2

Did you ever fix this issue?  I have a user having the same problem.

eltz
Level 1
Level 1

This is still an issue, several years after being pointed out. Clearing the device configuration file, uninstalling jabber, and uninstalling the bluetooth headset all failed to resolve it. Additional wired headphones do work, but the device we want to use with jabber (wireless headsets) are greyed out.