cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TSP Install Issues

david.combs
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I am having a lot of problems with installing Cisco TSP. My application requires these drivers to be installed but they do not work first try, ever. I have three of the exact same machine and one of them will install, the other 2 will not.

is there a fool proof way of installing Cisco TSP the first time every time? Also, yes, I have verified the version is compatible with the version of call manager I am using.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Step 1 Stop Cisco Unity (right-click the Cisco Unity icon in the system tray, then click Stop Cisco Unity).

Step 2 Browse to the directory in which you saved the extracted Cisco Unity-CM TSP files and double-click SkinnySetup.exe.

Step 3 Follow the on-screen prompts.

Step 4 Restart the Cisco Unity server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080439263.html#wp75596

Are you using this TSP for the Unity or some other application?

I am just trying to get the lines to show up in Windows Dialer. There seems to be no set way to install it and rebooting several times does fix the problem every now and then.

But I want it to work the first try, every time. This seems to be impossible.

I have the same problem. I have a few workstations that work, and most of them do not. No explanation and TAC will not support it.

Not the Cisco Unity TSP, just Cisco TSP drivers.

I have this exact same issue. We have scrapped the enterprise rollout of the TAPI driver (Our users wanted to be able to make calls from Outlook) because the install is so hit or miss.

The driver configuration has never worked on the first try. What I have found that works sometimes is from the Contol Panel -> Phone and Modem -> Advanced tab, Remove the CiscoTSP driver, and then re-add it. Do this a couple times and it MAY work.

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We are using Cisco TSP to dial from Outlook (CCM is integrated with AD). All is working great, but each user need to change her password when they change her AD password. Do you know how to get it work without need to modify the "TSP/usr pwd" each time ?

Take it you never got your answer about the username and password.

the strange thing is that cisco develops a salesforce.com call connected that uses tsp to control the phone, but they dont provide a proper solution. having users update tsp usernames and passwords every 40 days (ad intergration policy) is not ideal and adds to our it support overhead.

not a viable solution if you have 3000+ users.