cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM upgrade from 3.1(2c) to 3.1(3a)

jscheffler
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to upgrade our sole cm publisher from 3.1(2c) to 3.1(3a). I go through the upgrade, the upgrade "sees" that the box is a publisher during the upgrade. However, after the upgrade is completed, the box is rebooted, and when it comes back up the CM "thinks" it is a subscriber. As a result, there are no devices, gateways, phones, routes defined any longer.

I also am unable to restore the call manager backups. When I attempt a restore, it appears to run correctly, however after restoring the box believes it is a subscriber, just as it does when upgraded.

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

i don't know why this might have happened, but i think the only way of getting round this is to rebuild the server from scratch then use the back up to restore the database

I have tried starting with a clean installation, however when I restore the backup created via Call Manager, the server 'thinks' it is a subscriber, and all data/devices/etc are gone.

are you backing up both your publisher and subscriber? if so are you using the correct back up? (sorry if it sounds like i'm teaching you to suck eggs)

there is no subscriber. I only have the one publisher, and it backs up using the 'Call Manager' backup services.