Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.2 and call forwarding to H.323 Dial-peer not working

lkc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CME setup where i would like to do call forwarding from my ephones to a dial-peer running H.323.

The problem is that i either get a busy or fast busy signal when i do a dial-in from PSTN and hit an ephone with callforwarding configured

There is no problem calling the number on the dial-peer directly from an ephone.

The H.323 Dial-peer points to a port on an ATA that have a analog phone (and a fax) connected.

Do anyone know what might be wrong ?

Regards,

LKC

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you paste your configs ? Do a debug voip ccapi inout and see what happens when the call forwarding happens in the debug.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Enabling H.323-to-H.323 Connection Capabilities

VoIP-to-VoIP connections permit the termination and reorigination of transferred and forwarded calls over the VoIP network. VoIP-to-VoIP connections are used for hairpin call routing and for H.450 tandem gateways. The only type of VoIP-to-VoIP connection that is supported by Cisco CME 3.1 or later is H.323-to-H.323 connection.

VoIP-to-VoIP connections are disabled on the router by default, and they must be explicitly enabled to make use of hairpin call routing or an H.450 tandem gateway. In addition, you must configure a mechanism to direct transferred or forwarded calls to the hairpin or the H.450 tandem gateway, using one of the following methods:

•Enable H.450.12 capabilities globally or on the routes that your transfers and forwards take. See the "Enabling or Disabling H.450.12 Capabilities" section.

•Explicitly disable H.450.2 and H.450.3 capabilities globally or on the routes that your transfers and forwards take. See the "Enabling or Disabling H.450.2 and H.450.3 Capabilities" section.

Maybe try enabling h323 to h323 -

1. voice service voip

2. allow-connections h323 to h323

3. exit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00802c4a55.html#wp1000942

Mary Beth

Hi,

I already tried voice service voip -> allow connections h323 to h323 but unfortunately without any additional luck.

I've heard that what actually happens is that the call are being redirected back to the caller with the new number ! so i tried using an externally reachable number. Unfortuntately without any additional luck.

I also have h450.12 capability negotiation globally enabled. But have not tried disabling h450.2 og .3 ?? Cannot se what that should accomplish though ? will that not only disable the ability to do call forwarding on CME 3.2 ??

Regards

Lasse

When you had it set to an externally reachable number, did you test calling in directly to that peer? I think you need to do as thisisshanky suggested and capture the debug on a failed attemtp, and post that.

Mary Beth