cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.2, CM 4.1.3 'Application Protocol Invalid' error

etoman
Level 1
Level 1

I was using CME 3.2 with 7960G IP phones - loading image P00303020214.bin I believe.

I subsequently plugged several of these 7960 phones into a CM 4.1.3 network. The phones were then upgraded to a newer signed image phone image by CM 4.1.3. When I again plug these phones into the CME 3.2 network, some work, but do not downgrade their software to that found on CME. However I've occasionally run into a problem where a phone will report an "Application Protocol Invalid" error. The phone refuses to register with CME in this case. A debug shows it is trying to download a signed image from CME (which is not there). If I plug the phone into the CM 4.1.3 network and allow it to boot up, it will again register (but not downgrade its s/w) when I reconnect it to the CME network.

I assume the fix for this will be to an appropriate signed image onto CME (P0030500301.sbn ???) and have CME serve it up instead of the older unsigned phone load. Anyone else run into this issue and fixed it? If so, did you have to delete the unsigned image on CME when you added the signed image, or can you leave both signed and unsigned images on CME?

Thanks

Much appreciated.

1 Reply 1

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely CSCed84163. Check release notes