ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 Dual-Line / Shared Line usage

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I am configuring a CME 3.3 solution on a 2811 series router. My environment calls for each ephone-dn to have dual-line capabilities and some ephone-dn's will need to be shared across multiple ephones.

I need to be possible for all users that share the ephone-dn to be able to see line status, incoming call alerts and be able to answer each call that comes in. This all has to be achieved using one button on the 7960 or 7914.

the configuration for my ephones/ephone-dns is as follows:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 1000

label User One - 1000

name User1

call-forward max-length 11

call-forward busy 21499

call-forward noan 21499 timeout 15

translation-profile incoming translate4to5

translation-profile outgoing translate4to5

hold-alert 60 originator

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 2000

label User One - 2000

name User2

call-forward max-length 11

call-forward busy 21499

call-forward noan 21499 timeout 15

translation-profile incoming translate4to5

translation-profile outgoing translate4to5

hold-alert 60 originator

!

!

ephone 1

ephone-template 1

username "user1" password password

mac-address 0001.0002.0003

type 7960

keep-conference endcall

auto-line 1

button 1:1

!

ephone 2

ephone-template 1

username "user2" password password

mac-address 0004.0005.0006

type 7960 addon 1 7914

keep-conference endcall

auto-line 1

button 1:2 7:1 8m3 9m4

!

If ephone-dn 1 (1000) is dialed, it will alert on ephone 1 on button 1 and ephone 2 on button 7. If the call is answered on ephone 1, ephone 2 will be aware of line status. If a second call to ephone-dn 1 (1000) is made, ephone 1 can see the alert and answer the call (as the dual-line command has been added to the ephone-dn) but ephone-dn 2 cannot see or answer the second call.

I have tried using the overlay (o) and Call waiting (c) options under the button command in conjunction with additional ephone-dn numbers but I cannot make this work.

Has anyone come across this situation before and if so, how did you work around it?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks for the link, there was some useful information in there which I have added to my config. Unfortunatly it does not resovle the issue of sharing lines and call visibility. Once the overlay options are added, the call will ring on all shared lines when it is ringing in but when I line answers that call the monitor options are no longer display (in partuclar, that there is an active call on that line). However, the second call does display on the shared line