cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Caller ID

andy.hardin
Level 1
Level 1

We are connected to the PSTN through a T1 with E&M Wink Start. We currently only receive the 10 digit called number.

When we asked about receiving caller ID info, our provider asked how we would like them to present CLID and DNIS to us. We're not sure how to answer this question. What information should we give the provider so they can get the information to us correctly, and is there any extra configuration in CME(4.0) we'll need to do to receive this?

Thanks,

Andy

2 Replies 2

andy.hardin
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, everyone. This is my last check to see if anyone can help me with my question above. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

i would tell the provider to send 'all digits and CLID information'.

your voice gateway can then either pass it on to the system/you, or discard it.

(depending on your configuration)

if you are able to get all the data from the provider but not sure how to use it in your gateway or system, let us know what you're being provided and we can help further.

is this an mgcp gateway or h323? is this an ISDN PRI where you can use the Qsig IE information? (are you sure it's e&m)

depending on the gateway configuration and protocol(s) used, there may be a few ways to use the data.

for CME, you'll need a 'forward-digits' statement under your dialPeers for the specific digits you want to forward. you can also use 'callerID enable' under the voice port to name a couple of settings possible.

there are a few more options you can do with CLID/DNIS info.

for more info on CLID commands with IOS, see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008041ef72.html

for more info on DNIS commands with IOS, see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801a7f24.html