Views
Helpful
Replies

CME (Callmanager Express) and Abbr softkey on 7960

f.mottier
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I currently running CME 3.3 and have defined a bunch of system wide speeddials which work fine with a 7920. But when using a 7960, the "Abbr" softkey does not appear after pressing "1" for example.

Any ideas are welcome ... thanks,

Fred

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The "Place a Call from Your System Speed-Dial Directory" section of the document tells you on how to use system wide defined speed dials.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801aea91.html#wp1038178

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fred,

Did you ever get an answer to this ? Did you have to upgrade the 7960 firmware ? I am hitting the same problem.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Well I had to open a TAC case and here is the reply.

Cheers,

Fred

---------------------------------------------------

Problem Description

===================

Cannot enable abbr softkeys on the 7960 IP phone.

Action Plan

===========

It appears that this issue has been raised in the past.

Unfortunately with the 7940/60 phones, the abbreviated dial feature is not available.

It has to do with the phone load. The 5.x phone load does not support it and the 6.x loads have not been tested with CME and are not at this time supported.

Below are the releases that the abbr dial will be supported in for the 7960 Phone load : P00307000200

CME : 4.0

IOS : 12.4T 4th release (Due Q2CY06)

With regards to the other phones.

Speed-dial, directory entry abbr dial supported with currently supported images :

7970 : TERM70.6-0-3SR1S

7905/12 : CP7912060000SCCP040701A.sbin

7920 : cmterm_7920.4.0-02-00.bin

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks Fred,

So it seems support for this is quite a long time away. I haven't seen it mentioned in any documentation or release notes that it wasn't supported.

I tried loading a CME phone with P00307000200 just to see if it would work but I couldn't get it to load.

Phil

Hi

I've recently done a CME install consisting of just 7940s, the customer wanted speed dials but without the Abbr button it's really clunky...

To work round it I redirected the 'Services' url to the location of the speed dial list on CME (the list that is managed by speeddial.xml). This way they have a quick shortcut to a list of dials.... Not perfect but the customer was happy in this case.

telephony-service

url services http://x.x.x.x/LocalDirectory/SpeedDial

Hope this is useful to someone...

Aaron

p.s. Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!