cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme phone images

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

After extract CME tar file, there are three following images in the flash, QuestionL

1.Are they all for 7940-7960?

2.Could I use any one of them?

3.Should I use both tftp-server flash: and load command in order for the phone to register?

9 369950 P00303020214.bin

10 399514 P00305000301.sbn

11 333822 P00403020214.bin

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1. P004 load files are for the 7910. P003 are both for the 7940/60, however one is signed and the other isn't (indicated by the bin/sbn extension. Once you have upgraded a phone to a signed load it won't go to an unsigned one.

2. Probably, although I'd use the newer signed image.

3. Yes - the load command sets the version of the software that the phone will request from the tftp server. The tftp-server command sets the tftp server to be able to serve that file. If you have the load command and not the tftp command it will not work properly, and if you don't have the load command phones will just keep whatever version of firmware they have now.

Hope this helps

Aaron

p.s. don't forget to rate posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

So with respectto your answer 3. Let me describe it as my own word to make sure I understand correctly

1.if without tftp command, and if the load command image is different from the one on the phone now, phone will try to load the new one defined on the load command but however since no tftp-server flash defined, CME can't get the image and phone won't get the new image? Right

2. so in the case 1, will it gave up and use its own image to register?

3. Is Call manager's phone image same as CME phone image? If same, when I grab a used phone from CCM and even there is no tftp-server or load command on the cme,will phone use its current image to register?

Thanks

Hi

Most of your assumptions here are fair, however it doesn't always work predictably - sometimes phones that can't get an image will repeatedly restart, I think this depends on the ver that is currently on there.

If there is no load command the phone can register with it's existing image, however you're only assured that all features and functions will work correctly if you have the right image on there. Also CM and CME images are compatible, but again you should really be using the correct image - the difference in version between CM4 and CME is quite large..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks