Views
Helpful
Replies

CME simple question

irelandsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have few simple question about my CME 3.2.1 and IP phone 7960G.

1) What is tha main difference between fastdial and speed dial ?

2) How many fastdial each IP phone should support ?

3) Does CME support user profile ? On other words: can i log into any IP phone with my user/password in order to have always my phone number, speed dial, etc ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

2 Replies 2

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. fast dials appears as a menu item in the phone in the Directories > Local Services

whereas

speed dials are tied to the buttons that the phone has (6 line/speed dial buttons)

2. 24 fast dials max per phone

3. CME does support user profile where you can login to the phone. There are a few restrictions to using speed dial etc. You should read the CME config administration page on CCO to determine if it supports what you want to do..

Hope that helps.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Fastdials and speedials are both local to each phone.

Fast dials show up only in the Personal speed dial option when you hit directory's button. If I remember correct you can have up to 24 fastdials,

Speed dials that you configure locally in each phone either show up on the first available button (if any is free) or you may dial them only using abbreiviation dialing. Note that not all phones support abbreviation dialing. Speedials under each ephone can be configured up to a total of 33 (1 - 33).

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus