Views
Helpful
Replies

CME3.3 3825-Redundancy

entireerfurt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i´ve got 2x 3825 and our customer aks the redundancy to failover these 2 Router incl. Gateways and CME.

How should i configure this ?

thanks

Ronny

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I doubt if there is automated way to do this. You could always configure a cold standby 3825 with exact same configuration. When the old one dies, just swap out with the cold standby router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

skhilnan
Level 1
Level 1

You can use HSRP to provide redundancy for both voice and data. It requires careful design of PSTN trunks and WAN connections, but people have effectively deployed CME in an HSRP environment. You can alternately also use SRST to backup a CME system.

Sarat,

Can you specify the ip source-address as HSRP VIP under CME telephony-service mode ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Have unicasted to you a config that one of the TMEs put together for this type of deployment. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Can you pls provide me with this config exemple too, pls (sicsic@fr.ibm.com).

Using Srst as back-up. Does it mean that, SRST can send keep alive to CME, and switch as SRST when Ip connectivity with CME fails ?

This mean too that something need to be configured on CME to modify CNF files for IPPhone in order to send request to SRST GTW instead of CME ?

I did not found such command ?

Rgds

Patrick