Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 3.3 Bad Video and Presentation Sharing

@Maverik
Level 1
Level 1
Hi everyone,

Video calls have an unsatisfactory resolution, especially when using WebRTC Chrome while sharing is bad to say the least. Continuous blurring occurs and this is accentuated especially when sharing a web page.

Comparing a video call made by webex and one made by cms, webex is the one that always has a constant and acceptable quality, despite having a lower bitrate than cms.
Is there a way to optimize the call quality / bitrate?
How can I solve these problems?
3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

for how much calls is your CMS designed and how much calls were active on the CMS, when you had these issues?

The client will take as much bandwidth as they can. So, if to many clients are in active meetings, then CMS will regulate the quality of the participants down.

You can try to set a maximum resolution for video / presentation sharing, to prevent that clients e.g. can use Full HD or 4K for video.

Also (which a lot of people don't think about) have QoS in place. So that at least internal traffic is prioritised (signalling, voice and video).

For normal calls from CUCM into CMS spaces, also check the region/location settings. Maybe the bandwidths are too small for good video resolution.

Hi,

The system has been designed for 47 concurrent calls (38 vCPU X 1.25 HD port) plus 64 GB vRam and generally the problem always happens, even when there is a low number of active calls.
The bandwidth for all regions / locations has been set 20000 kbps for "maximum session bit rate for video calls" and 2000000000 kbps for immersive video calls (Use system default).
To try to optimize sharing, I also created a profile in API "/ api / v1 / compatibilityProfiles" by setting "chromeWebRtcVideoCodec" in "avoidH264" and "chromeWebRtcH264InteropMode" in "auto", but we found no improvement.
How can I set the maximum resolution for video and sharing?

Thank you!

You can add or modify an existing callLegProfile with the parameters qualityMain and qualityPresentation, and then assign the callLegProfile globally under system/profiles