Views
Helpful
Replies

Continuous MOH

kvaradarajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Presently we are running MOH from a .wav file.

The play continuously flag is checked on the MOH Audio Source Config page.

So whenever someone is put on hold, they hear the music from the beginning. I want the music to be continuous, so when someone is put on hold they should hear the music from the middle somewhere.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers

Kartik

3 Replies 3

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I recall the first person on hold will always hear the wav from the beginning, additional people put on hold will pickup wherever the .wav file is playing. If the MoH server goes idle with no one on hold, I believe the server will start the first person on hold back at the beginning of the .wav file. I may be wrong on this -jason

dkawata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

You need to configure your MOH Server and MOH Audio Source as multicasting and check the play continuosly flag.

Best regards,

Daniel Kawata

Hey Kartik,

Mate i have been trying to contact you. When you got time please shoot me an email at yavuzs@nighthawkrad.net and will catch up for lunch.

It does not just apply for Multicasting. Appies for both Unicast and Multicast. Inorder for the .wav play continously you will just need to check "Play continuously (repeat)"

Note Cisco recommends checking this check box. If continuous play of an audio source is not specified, only the first party placed on hold, not additional parties, will receive the MOH audio source.

Maybe this is not what your looking for, but Cisco only has this option for MOH.

Cheers!

Yavuz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: