Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Port

s-pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to use JTAPI to register an CTI Port. I want to be able to call that cti port and then use the pickup function from other phone to grab the call.

My first question is: do i need a cti route point or a cti port alone will do the job?

Second, i'm able to register the cti port but when a call that port, i don't get the call established or any ringback.

Can anyone please help me?

Regards,

Sergio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

A CTI Port will suffice.

As for your second problem, some code would come in handy. Did you set the port to auto-accept incoming calls? Check the JTAPI Development documentation for details. Alternatively you have to accept the incoming call before it is presented to the application the same way incoming calls are presented on a physical phone you are monitoring. You only get the ringing, connconnected and the whole bunch of events when a call is arriving at a phone once the call has been accepted. If you don't accept it in time and if auto-accept is not set, the call will eventually time out and you'll get a fast busy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

A CTI Port will suffice.

As for your second problem, some code would come in handy. Did you set the port to auto-accept incoming calls? Check the JTAPI Development documentation for details. Alternatively you have to accept the incoming call before it is presented to the application the same way incoming calls are presented on a physical phone you are monitoring. You only get the ringing, connconnected and the whole bunch of events when a call is arriving at a phone once the call has been accepted. If you don't accept it in time and if auto-accept is not set, the call will eventually time out and you'll get a fast busy.

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your help. i did solved the question. The auto-accept was configured.

Regards,

Sérgio

Hi!

I'm trying to call from an IP Phone to a CTI port with JTAPI. I can register the cti port with jtapi, but I cannot receive any CallCtlConnEv from that address. When I add only a CallObserver to the ip phone's address, I can receive those events from both addresses. However, I cannot accept neither answer the call on cti port because the address is not in service (because there is no callobserver added do the cti's address).

But if I add a callobserver to the cti's address, I only receive CallCtlConnEv from the ip phone's address.

What can be wrong with it?

Thank you