cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM CDR Question

Jeremy Pringle
Level 4
Level 4

I have a CDR report that looks for calls to certain (main) numbers and checks to see how many of the calls are forwarded to voicemail during business hours.  We use this to make sure associates are answering the phones.

One of the parameters checked is destDeviceName = CiscoUCX.... (voicemail port name) which indicates the call was answered by voicemail.

However, I recently discovered some call records where the destDeviceName is a physical phone (SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX) but the call duration is 0 seconds.  I first noticed this while reviewing calls on a holiday when 100% of the calls should have gone to voicemail.  There was definitely no one in the office to answer the phone and most calls show the did go to voicemail as expected.

Does anyone know what would cause a CDR to indicate that a call had a destDeviceName of a phone, duration = 0 seconds, and destMediaTransportAddress_IP = 0.0.0.0?

I originally thought maybe these were abandoned calls where the caller hung up while the phones were still ringing and before forwarding to voicemail.  But I confirmed in other CDRs that these calls do not show a destDeviceName as expected.

Thanks!

CDR Record.jpg

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If the call isn't successfully established ("answered" by a device / system), you will always see 0.0.0.0 as the media-addresses. The same applies for the duration. Duration only counts upwards, if the call is answered.

Your screenshot shows a typical call, which wasn't answered by the phone and didn't get redirected too (lastRedirectReason = 0)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/12_5_1/cdrdef/cucm_b_cdr-admin-guide-1251/cucm_b_cdr-admin-guide-1251_chapter_0110.html

Thanks b.winter.
My main question is why is it showing an IP Phone as the destDeviceName when it did not answer the call?
I verified via testing and reviewing the CDR records that if a call is abandoned before it is answered, the destDeviceName in the CDR record is blank.
I have confirmed that the DN that was called does have a line appearance on the phone that was shown for the destDeviceName.  This is a shared DN that appears on 10 phones.
So any thoughts on why these CDRs show a destDeviceName if the call was not answered?

Thanks!!!