cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Password

tammydh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. When logging into CUCM 14 on CLI, I received: your password has expired please create a new password. Ok, no problem. Go through the process entering old password and creating new password. Response: Invalid old password. Alright, try a couple of previous ones just in case and same response. Apparently I no longer have the correct "old password". Go to vSphere, login to do password recovery. Process is good, password is reset. Ok. Go back to CLI session, update the password in the SSH properties. Attempt login again: your password has expired please create new password. Why is this happening? I don't understand, it was just changed. Ok, so I go through the process of entering the password just created and creating another new password. I get the response invalid old password.  Am I doing something wrong? Is there a glitch in the system? 

2 Replies 2

This doesn’t look normal. Do you have any applications connecting to the CLI of CUCM that might be using the old password?

If not, I recommend opening a TAC case, as this behavior is unusual, especially since you’re still facing the issue even after recovering the password from the console.

Response Signature

The only other application connected to it has it's own account for access. I just thought to reach out to our community prior to elevating to TAC, in case anyone had seen this before.