cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE not seeing Extension

ernest.pavon
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to dial the CUE from the extension to access the voice mail for the first time, but the CUE does not recognize that I am calling from the right extension and says that for security purposes you must call from the assigned phon.

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct. When you run through initial enrollment, the call must originate (calling party number) must match the phonenumber assigned to the mailbox that you're trying to log in to. If it looks like it does, then most often there is a dialplan-pattern configured in CME that is expanding the number, or something similar. When it's working, and you press the messages button from the ip phone, it will go straight to 'please enter your password' instead of 'please enter your id'. A 'show telephony-service' on the CME would help, as well as 'show user detail username XYZ' on the CUE, where XYZ is the username you're trying to log in as.

How do I correct this issue. I set this dial-pattern to set up DID to extension mapping.

jeff.bankston
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is caused by CUE recieving, as the called ID into CUE, a number which differs from your extension. If your extension is x2001, and the pilot number into CUE is x2099, then 2099 should recieve 2001 as the inbound number.

Try this: on the router hosting CCME, use "debug dialpeer" and look for the called and calling number. The calling number should be "2001". If not, you have a number prefixing problem.

On my CCME v3.2, I have only one dial pattern, and that's 20.. since all of my internal extensions are in the 20xx range. My voice dial-peer pointing to CUE is "destination-pattern 2099".

Adjust your peers and patterns to match the correct length of your extensions, should work fine.

-Jeff

The only other way is to set the PIN for that user via CLI or GUI. Once that is done, it will allow you to log in from any extension.