cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE v1.1.2 not accepting calls

jeff.bankston
Level 1
Level 1

Platform: 2611XM 12.3(8)T5 IP-Voice code with CUE v1.1.2 NM.

My issue is that incoming calls ring properly, and after 4 rings attempt to go to the CUE, but the call gets dropped as soon as CUE picks it up. This is a new CUE install, by the way. CUE debugs and traces show proper arrival of the call into the VM pilot point, and the problem occurs on all mailboxes.

Either I have a SIP problem, or I somehow misconfigured both mailboxes.

Also, on a 7960 phone, I have only one line defined. If I press the messages button on the phone, I properly go to CUE. But, I get a message that for security reasons the attempt to reach VM must be done from the primary phone number.

I've been chasing this for close to 2 days and have found every pdf on CUE that I could find. Debugs show correct processing of the incoming call.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

noelmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

I'm new to this VOIP stuff for CUE and CME so I might be talking nonsense.

I've been setting this up for the first time this week and I hit the error "for security reasons the attempt to reach VM must be done from the primary phone number" ... when I manually assigned a pin code and password to that persons mailbox it sorted it.

Not sure if that's any use ;-)

Rgrds

Noel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

noelmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

I'm new to this VOIP stuff for CUE and CME so I might be talking nonsense.

I've been setting this up for the first time this week and I hit the error "for security reasons the attempt to reach VM must be done from the primary phone number" ... when I manually assigned a pin code and password to that persons mailbox it sorted it.

Not sure if that's any use ;-)

Rgrds

Noel

I can't believe that fix was that simple...... I had previously even tried setting that mailbox to a blank password, and it even accepted it.

Thanks for that little tip, and as a side note I didn't have this problem in CUE v1.1.1

Now for the last nightmare...

-Jeff