Views
Helpful
Replies

DC Directory Error

jagadishs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Call Manager 3.3(3) cluster ( 4 servers ) and we are getting DC directory error " No free connection - control blocks - connection refused".The screen shot of the error is attached.

This error keeps repeating and after some time the server stops responding.After restarting the server it starts working fine.

Pls let us know what is causing this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadish S

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You are running into a bug here. The bug-Id is: CSCdu36549

Can someone please tell me if there is a fix for this. We have Callmanager 4.0(2a)sr1a. This is the second time in 2 months that I have to reboot the Publisher.

The above error is caused by the application that is accessing DC Directory, not necessarily the CallManager. You will need to monitor your Publisher to see what server is opening TCP connecitons on port 8404. Netstat -an from a cmd prompt will help. Look for the server that has many connections open. We find this issue most often with CRS. Take a look at CSCee82637 regarding the issue with CRS.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The original bug.. CSCdu36549 says it is for version 3.0 something.

Is it still valid in 4.1(3)sr4d?

Bug doesnt provide many details.

I'm troubleshooting this at the moment, but netstat doesnt show a lot of 8404 sessions, even when the problem is been experienced.

Are there any other relevant bugs?

Cheers,

Tim